check event log

Michael Medin michael at medin.name
Mon Feb 21 14:42:23 CET 2011

Hello,

It is generally much much simpler to use the new SQL-like syntax.
Then you end up writing something which looks a bit like this:

generated > -1d AND severity NOT IN ('success', 'informational')

There is some information on the wiki for how to use this here:
http://www.nsclient.org/nscp/wiki/CheckEventLog/CheckEventLog

For instance this could be a good starting point:

CheckEventLog file=application file=system MaxWarn=1 MaxCrit=1
"filter=*generated gt -2d AND severity NOT IN ('success',
'informational')*" truncate=800 unique descriptions "syntax=%severity%:
%source%: %message% (%count%)"

This requires a "modern" (as in 0.3.8) version of NSClient++.

// Michael Medin