Nagios Alert Format?

Chris Beattie cbeattie at geninfo.com
Thu Feb 17 21:23:40 CET 2011

Engelmann, Austin wrote:
> notification type to be on the "MSG:" line. In my command, the
> notification type always gets place on the next line.

It looks like "FRM:", "SUBJ:", and "MSG:" are being added by your phone.
  Those words do not appear in your command.  You can verify this by
setting your pager address as your regular e-mail address.

Here is the command I use:
define command{
         command_name    notify-by-epager
         command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "$HOSTNAME$/$SERVICEDESC$
is $SERVICESTATE$\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$\n$SHORTDATETIME$" | /bin/mail -s
"$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTNAME$/$SERVICEDESC$" $CONTACTPAGER$
}

And here is a "page", sent to a regular e-mail client: