Check_NT -> Double Memory

Andre Kruger Andre.Kruger at TRW.COM
Wed Feb 16 10:25:11 CET 2011

You should all check out check_mk. This guy is doing some great work.

http://mathias-kettner.de/check_mk.html

>>> Jim Avery <jim at jimavery.me.uk> 2011/02/15 17:22 >>>
2011/2/15 Luis Gustavo de Andrade Jordão Carneiro
<Luis.Carneiro at compsisnet.com.br>:
> Hello all!
>

> My Server Win 2008 x64 has 8 Gb of RAM, but when nagios check_nt
dicovery 16 Gb.
> I installed NSCLient++ x64 on Win 2008.
>
> ./check_nt -H 10.0.24.1 -p 12489 -s public -v MEMUSE
> Utilizacao de memory: total:16378,20 Mb - used: 6821,03 Mb (42%) -
free 9557,17 Mb (58%)

> Why? Swap memory?

I believe it's total virtual memory (RAM plus SWAP).

I think check_nt is no longer the preferred method to check memory
with NSClient++ though.  Take a look at:

  http://www.nsclient.org/nscp/wiki/CheckMem

This typically requires you to use check_nrpe rather than check_nt

hth,

Jim

reporting any issue.

e-mail or any other document. Ask yourself whether you need a hard copy.