Installing and configuring nexsm with nagiosxi

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Feb 15 18:14:58 CET 2011

On 15 February 2011 14:50, moses neah <mssneah at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hill All,
> Has anyone install nexsm to work with nagiosxi. If so, please give me the
> installation and configuration procedure. I have try by following the
> procedures at the nexsm site buy I get java aplet error.
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,

I have found it extremely difficult to get nexsm working with Nagios
Core.  Personally I can't recommend it for that reason and as Tntteam
mentioned because it seems to be pretty much unsupported now.  It's a
shame because Nexsm can be pretty impressive when it's working.

Having said all that you could try the official help forum for nexsm
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/nexsm/forums/forum/558504

I see there's a Network Hypermap on the roadmap for NagiosXI.  It
might be worth waiting for that rather than expend too much effort on
Nexsm.  See: http://www.nagios.com/products/nagiosxi/roadmap