avoid notifications after status change from unreachable to down

Bernd Kuhlen -WetterOnline- bernd.kuhlen at wetteronline.de
Mon Feb 14 16:41:44 CET 2011

Hello list,

my problem is that I'm using vmware esx with multiple virtual hosts on it. In my nagios config the esx server is the parent so if it goes down, I only get one notification, which is what i want.
My problem is that my unreachable hosts turn to "down" after my esx comes up again and it takes them some time (up to 15 minutes) to come up (they all have to boot).Within this 15 minutes a get loads of notifications telling me about all the vms that are down, which is distracting and unwanted information.

What I want: After my parent comes up I want the counters (the ones that define soft and hard states) of my vms to start from 1 again so that my vms get some time to boot and come up before I get a down notification.
Any idea how this is possible?

Thanks and regards,
Bernd