Question on setting up a specialized status.cgi page

steve f a31modela at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 23:41:37 CET 2011

Hello All,

I have say 20 hosts that among their checks they each run the same 5 checks on a SCO Unix machine at their location via an rsh script.  For example, I rsh to the sco box, do a sar on it and report the results back and determine if the cpu on the sco box is high. These check reports as a check from the host and is called Legacy CPU.  I wanted to set up a status.cgi page that the people responsible for the legacy stuff could look at and see the status of all 5 Legacy_XXX checks on one status page.

I have not been able to figure out how to get this page to display.  I have tried setting up a servicegroup, manually playing with the statustypes, looking into doing it via extinfo.cgi and have come up empty handed.

These hosts have a bunch of checks coming back from them into the console but I wanted to just have some sort of Legacy Check Service group screen.

I think I am missing something easy here and may be trying to over engineer this

Thanks,

Steve