Nagios::Plugin and Nagios Embedded perl interpretor

Max Schubert maxs at webwizarddesign.com
Tue Feb 8 13:18:44 CET 2011

Marc,

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Marc-André Doll <mad at b-care.net> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm developing some Nagios plugin with the Nagios::Plugin perl module
> and it's saving me a great amount of time.
>
> However, I encountered a little problem when I tried to activate the
> embedded perl interpretor in Nagios: all checks returned an UNKNOWN
> state with an error from the ePN saying that an error occurred in the
> Getopt::Long perl module about the use of an uninitialized value line
> 459.
>
> I suppose the problem come from my usage of the add_arg() function but I
> don't know how to correct it.
>
> Does somebody have already encountered that kind of behaviour or have an
> idea on how to debug a perl script when it's launched by the ePN?

Check out your command lines, especially if you use custom attribute
substitution in them - look for attributes that are empty (no spaces)
- that gets translated into a NULL or some other non-printable
character that Getopt::Long chokes on

http://www.semintelligent.com/blog/articles/50/epn-why-do-i-get-an-unitialized-value-error-message-from-my-getopt-longpm-when-nagios-runs-my-perl-based-plugin-under-epn

- Max