nagios-common RPM Package

Jonathan Q. jonathan_q at ymail.com
Tue Feb 8 01:14:23 CET 2011

My apologies for the newbie question... I'm doing an install of Nagios 3.2.3 on CentOS
 5.5, and I've run across an RPM package called nagios-common.  My
google
 searches have turned up little info about this package, so I thought
I'd ask here... Is this a required package for a typical Nagios install,
 or is it optional, or is it even still relevant to the current version?
 Which are the "required" base packages for Nagios? I've installed
nagios, nagios-devel, nagios-nrpe, and nagios-plugins. Am I missing
anything?

Thank you for
 any information or guidance!

Jonathan