SMTP server update

Network Operation Center FMC Luxemburg NOC at eurofmc.com
Mon Feb 7 09:45:12 CET 2011

Thanks a lot Liu,

But I have to send the Nagios notifications by another SMTP server, not
local, because the server where Nagios runs is on  a domain name not
accepted by the receiver SMTP...

On another lan, I've SMTP servers where are recognized. For this reason
it is mandatory for me to use one of these SMTP server...

Thanks a lot.
Francois

On 18/01/2011 15:03, Yueh-Hung Liu wrote:

> mail notification is done by commands defined in your Nagios'
> configuration files.
> if you can send mail from the server that Nagios is installed on, you
> don't need to specify SMTP or whatever anymore.
>

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Network Operation Center FMC
> Luxemburg <NOC at eurofmc.com <mailto:NOC at eurofmc.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear list,
>
>     Is it possible to specify to Nagios wich SMTP server it have to
>     use for sending alert mails?
>
>     Thanks a lot
>     Francois
>     --
>     Network Operation Center
>
>             LUXEMBURG
>
>     E-mail: NOC at eurofmc.com <mailto:NOC at eurofmc.com>
>     --------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>     _DISCLAIMER_: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all
>     of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient
>     only.  If an addressing or  transmission error  has misdirected this
>     e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail.  If you
>     are not the  intended recipient  you must not use, copy, distribute,
>     disclose, print, or rely on this e-mail.

>     ::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when
>     reporting any issue.
>     ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to /dev/null

> Protect Your Site and Customers from Malware Attacks
> Learn about various malware tactics and how to avoid them. Understand
> malware threats, the impact they can have on your business, and how you
> can protect your company and customers by using code signing.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl

Network Operation Center

         LUXEMBURG