monitoring Windows 2008 event log?

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri Feb 4 15:56:10 CET 2011

> forgive my ignorance, but nsclient can check the event log?
>
> I wouldn't blame Steve, I think he had a baby not so long ago

NSClient++ can, yes.

*shrug*  This was like a year ago or so...  If he's busy, that's
fine and understandable.  Just *say* so, don't just ignore your
users, especially when they're trying to point out problems.
I'm not mad at the guy or anything, his software just wasn't
usable for me.

I have to correct myself - I use Consol.de's check_logfiles.exe
for my event log stuff.  My bad - I found the built-in NSClient++
eventlog stuff a bit cumbersome.

http://labs.consol.de/lang/en/nagios/check_logfiles/

Lausser has been great in helping as well as adding features and
fixing bugs.  Sorry for the confusion with NSClient++...  I use
NSClient++ to execute check_logfiles.exe on the remote clients.

Benny

--
"Hairy ape nads."        -- Colleen, playing Neverwinter Nights