JVM Monitoring

Marc-André Doll mad at b-care.net
Tue Feb 1 08:08:28 CET 2011

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 11:19 +0100, Joerg Linge wrote:
> Am 17.12.10 08:19, schrieb Marc-André Doll:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes it is true. You don't need to install Java on your Nagios server to
> > use check_jmx4perl. You just have to deploy a .war on your TomCat (and
> > certainly GlassFish, I didn't try it) servers and then you just have to
> > send some HTTP request to your server to obtain readings about your JVM.
> >
> > That's why I choose it. But for now, it seems it is only capable to
> > check Java on JEE servers and not Java on its own as I need right now.
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> the jmx4perl agent is now called jolokia
>
> http://labs.consol.de/lang/de/jolokia/
> http://www.jolokia.org/
>
> There is also an JVM Agent which can be used with Sun Java 6+
>
> http://www.jolokia.org/agent/jvm.html
>
> Joerg

Hi all,

I know the thread is a little out-dated but I found this quite
interesting in order to supervise JVM without agent and with SNMP.

http://download.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/management/snmp.html

You have to restart your JVM and open some TCP port but it doesn't
jeopardize your system by deploying a new application.

Marc-André