freshness checks not working

JM jm+nagios-users at roth.lu
Wed Dec 28 16:20:33 CET 2011

Jim Avery <jim <at> jimavery.me.uk> writes:

> >> your objects.cache file correct?
> >
> > I believe so. Do you see something out of the ordinary?
>
> I can't see anything wrong with that at all, no.
>
> The only difference I can think of between what you have and what I
> have is I don't use an event handler.

I have tested that (event handlers are enabled globally, but only defined in a
few rare places): for now the freshness check seems to work again.
If it is really related to that, is there a special meaning to it, or can it be
considered a bug?
Other possible causes that have come to mind is:
- template used by the service is nested at least 3 levels deep (not sure how
many people do that)
- obsess-over-service is also enabled although I can't remember why rightaway...

Thanks for now.