Nagios on CentOS

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 15:47:32 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 08:01:49PM +0530, Jatin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have earlier used Nagios on Fedora 13 and was successful in installing
> Nagios without any hiccups using the quick installation guide meant for
> Fedora. I wanted to know if i can follow the same steps for installing
> Nagios on CentOS assuming that i have a default CentOS installation.
>
> Also let me from which version of CentOS would it be good to install the
> latest Nagios.

Choose the version of centos for the applications that you run, not for
nagios. If there is no compelling reason - use the latest - centos 6.
I have run nagios on centos for many years, it works well ... the main problem
is that the default config has changed several times, directories changed, etc,
which has broken it several times ... not to hard to get working again, but
a pain.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/