How to monitor memory on cisco router

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Wed Dec 14 08:28:33 CET 2011

I've made good experience with check_cisco.pl by Ran Leibman:

https://github.com/ranl/IT/blob/master/Nagios/check-cisco.pl

You have to be aware though, that by default the memory check works
backwards - meaning you must define at how many percent of memory _LEFT_
you want the warning.
But it's easy to rewrite the warning/critical section in the plugin to set
the threshold to the actual usage (e.g. warning at 80%, critical at 90%),
that's what I did for my purposes.