permissions issues with nagiosql

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Dec 13 17:46:59 CET 2011

On 13 December 2011 16:11, Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey guys im having permissions issues and getting the following message
>
> Cannot open/overwrite the configuration file (check the permissions)!
>
> i did some googling and game up with
> http://www.nagiosql.org/forum/installation-issues/195-permissions.html
>
> should i have some template config files somehwere? From what I am
> seeing i do not have any demo configs showing up anywhere

On my system, the user "www-data" (the apache web server user) is
added to the "nagios" group.  So, in the /etc/group file we have:-

nagios:x:1001:www-data

If www-data (or whichever user your Apache daemon runs as) isn't in
the 'nagios' group, you should be able to add it something like so ..

  usermod -G nagios www-data

hth,

Jim