check_oracle NRPE

Mike Clark Mike.Clark at masergy.com
Mon Dec 12 16:43:08 CET 2011

You might try adding the nagios user to the dba group in the /etc/group file on your DB box.  Or the oracle group if that was what was used but it’s usually dba.

Oracle in their infinite wisdom locks down the entire oracle install to only the oracle user for read-write and read-only for the dba group.  Usually just adding a user to the dba group resolves the issue of not being able to actually use the libraries the the ORACLE_HOME is pointing you to.

The first error you got on the Nagios server is because you don’t have Oracle installed or don’t have the ORACLE_HOME set.