Get a clear event for Socket Timeouts

Mike Clark Mike.Clark at masergy.com
Thu Dec 1 19:30:39 CET 2011

We have Nagios 3.0.6 and are using NRPE to monitor remote servers.  I've also got IBM Tivoli Netcool and we have Nagios sending traps to Netcool so the NOC will call the server team when something fails.  All of the services in Nagios are sending traps perfectly and I get an OK trap that I use to clear the problem in Netcool when it comes in so everything is working great except for Socket Timeouts.

I've been digging around in the Nagios log and I don't see that it ever sends an event that a socket timeout has cleared, but if I look at the web or in the status.dat file, they state will show it's clear.  Is there something I'm missing in a configuration file that will have it send socket timeout clears as a notification ( or more accurately, as an event handler).

Mike Clark
Sr. Manager, NMS Engineering
Email Mike.Clark at masergy.com<mailto:Mike.Clark at masergy.com>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CCB024.3CD0F460]
Global Networking Redefined
www.masergy.com<http://www.masergy.com/>

"nanos gigantum humeris insidentes" Bernard of Chartres
"nankurunaisa" George Miyagusuku