Changing the version of nagios that appears in the e-mail notifications

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Dec 1 01:23:59 CET 2011

Hi there --

We are running a Nagios 3.3.1 that had been successfully upgraded from the
version 3.1.2 release. The e-mail notifications
are working properly, but I did notice one unusual condition. The version of
Nagios that is mentioned in the message indicates
an earlier Nagios release. An excerpt from one such e-mail is shown below:

***** Nagios 2.6 *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

I would like to change the version that is displayed to reflect that of the
release that is currently on the server. What file(s) do I
need to modify in order to accomplish this?

Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.