scheduled downtime allows host up notification

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Aug 25 10:14:56 CEST 2011

On 08/25/2011 01:20 AM, andrew.ford at wellsfargo.com wrote:
> I have a distributed system (Nagios 3.2.1) where most of the service
> and host checks are passively submitted to the central servers that
> send the notifications. I was surprised to find that when the checks
> are passive, host up and service recovery notifications would get
> sent even when the host and/or service was in scheduled downtime. Bug
> or feature?

When you encounter something you're not sure of whether it's a bug or
a feature, a sensible course of action is to test if the behaviour is
still present in later releases. If it isn't, it was a bug but has been
fixed. If it is, it might be a bug and then you're "allowed" to ask
without getting snapped at.

We normally ignore bugreports against older releases than the latest
micro-release in its series. In this case, that means you need to test
3.2.3 to see if the problem is still present there. If it is, let us
know. Otherwise, we'll just ignore this and hope it's fixed in 3.2.3
and tell you to upgrade to that (completely compatible) version.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.