Exclude hostgroup with true_regexp_matching ?

Richard Clark noc at fohnet.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 20:19:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've got true_regexp_matching enabled - mainly to provide a flexible
alerting system with priority/time-based alerts, different customers etc
- there's no way I could have gotten this far without it.

I seem to have hit a wall though in terms of being able to exclude
hostgroups from services - say I had a hostgroup called
'prod_ssl_webservers', and I also had a hostgroup called 'prod_ssl_webservers_authbasic' - so I need mostly the same checks as prod_ssl_webservers, but content checking auth mechanism needs to be different.

According to the docs, excluding hostgroups doesn't work when
regexp_matching or true_regexp_matching is enabled.

The regular expression syntax that nagios supports doesn't seem to
support negative lookbehind syntax for negating a string search - I.E:
^(?<!my_exclude_hostgroup_name)$

So my question is - has anyone managed to get excludes working with
true_regexp_matching enabled, and if so how have they done it?

Cheers,
--
Richard Clark
richard at fohnet.co.uk