Avail.cg tuning

Craig Stewart Craig.Stewart at corp.xplornet.com
Tue Aug 16 21:12:45 CEST 2011

Good day folks.

Since I last posted a question here, I've been making a ton of progress.
 Enough so that now I'm getting into the "wouldn't it be nice bits."

On my new Nagios 3 system, which is running a distributed probe set up,
when I run an availability report it takes somewhere in excess of 5 min
for about 6800 hosts and 12000 services.

On my old Nagios2 stand alone server with about 6500 hosts and 10000
services (not updating it any more), the same time frame and options
availability report takes 25 seconds.

Now, the hardware for the master server in the new set up isn't as
powerful (dual processor v.s. quad, it was a proof of concept that has
grown) but I can't see that causing the cgi to take twent times as long
to run!

Both systems are in a Linux environment, and the log files are on the
hard disks, not in a RAM disk.

I assume it's something to do with the web server (apache) but I'm no
expert and I don't think the original system had it tweaked.

Any thoughts?

Craig
--
Craig Stewart