Accessing host and service status from external application

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Aug 15 09:26:48 CEST 2011

Hello all.

I want to access the host and service status from external application.
The nagios version will be v 3.3.1.

I was searching in nagios exchange for the most effective way to access to the data
 by not affecting the nagios but couldn't decide the best one.
(i.e status file , NDO , etc )

I thought maybe the fastest and stable way might be the status file access.

What would be the effective way to access host and service status from Nagios?

Thanks,
Yu Watanabe