checking service once a day

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Aug 12 16:48:08 CEST 2011

On 12 August 2011 15:03, Silver Salonen <silver at serverock.ee> wrote:

> Ah yes, previously I just restarted Nagios every day (from crontab) so that
> the checks would be re-scheduled, but in the new installation Nagios does
> not re-schedule the checks on startup. Is there an option for that? I don't
> seem to find it...

It's been a while since I've played with any of those options myself.
I think you'll find it's this directive in nagios.cfg which controls
whether Nagios re-schedules checks on startup ..

# USE RETAINED SCHEDULING INFO
# This setting determines whether or not Nagios will retain
# the scheduling info (next check time) for hosts and services
# based on the values saved in the retention file.  If you
# If you want to use retained scheduling info, set this
# value to 1.  If not, set this value to 0.

use_retained_scheduling_info=1

Cheers,

Jim