checking service once a day

Silver Salonen silver at serverock.ee
Fri Aug 12 09:36:42 CEST 2011

Hello.

I want to check a service only once a day. So I tried this configuration:

define timeperiod {
     timeperiod_name once-a-day
     alias       On mornings
     monday      08:00-08:30
     tuesday     08:00-08:30
     wednesday   08:00-08:30
     thursday    08:00-08:30
     friday      08:00-08:30
     saturday    08:00-08:30
     sunday      08:00-08:30
}

define service {
     use generic-service
     check_period        once-a-day
     normal_check_interval  1440        ; 24 hours
}

Now when I check the service's next schedule time, Nagios is still
showing that the next check is scheduled to 24h after the previous check
and at 22:53 (pm). Restarting Nagios does not change that. Any tips for
what's wrong in the configuration?

--
Silver