Nagios authentication thru LDAP.

Mike Lindsey mike-nagios at 5dninja.net
Wed Aug 10 19:48:55 CEST 2011

On 8/10/11 9:23 AM, Robert J Molerio wrote:
> Can anyone indicate how this can be done?
> We would like users to log on to Nagios via LDAP.
> I think we need to configure the Apache server within Nagios to be
> able to do this but we're not sure.

Depending on your version of Apache this ranges from a pain in the rear,
to nigh impossible.  It's doable, but I've often found it easier and
more stable, to have a cronjob that exports the ldap users to an
htpasswd file.  Requires fewer changes to your Apache installation, and
doesn't lock your users out of your Nagios install if LDAP fails.

--
Mike Lindsey