muti-sessions in Nagios

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri Aug 5 21:11:39 CEST 2011

> is there a possbility to ceate multi-sessions in nagios
>
> my aim is create many sessions for administrator and i want that an
> administrator (central) look all the maps but the ohter look just thare
> maps
>
> for example :
>
> admin central : in site 0 : supervise all sites
> admin Nubmer1: in site 1 ; supervise the parc of a thos site 1
>
> admin Nubmer2: in site 2 ; supervise the parc of a thos site
>
> and so on

If I understand your question correctly, Nagios pretty much does
that out-of-the-box.

By default, if you use authentication, authenticated users will only
be able to see/issue commands to hosts and services for which they
are contacts.

So, if admin1 is a contact for hosts A, B, and C, while admin2 is
a contact for hosts D and E, then admin1 will only see his/her three
hosts, and admin2 will only see his/her two.

Benny

--
"Open your door, or I open your wall."
                                 -- Seen on an image on fukung.net