significant bug in 3.2.2 - nagios.cfg -- execute_service_checks=0 completely ignored

Mark Christian MCHRISTI at altera.com
Thu Sep 30 23:23:18 CEST 2010

I updated nagios from 3.2.0 to 3.2.2 - my distributed "collector" node went from  ~7000 services passively checked and near zero actively checked to ~1800 actively checked and counting.

There are 4 distributed nodes that handle active service checks.

The "collector" node has been configured to not execute service checks:

$ grep execute_service_checks nagios.cfg
execute_service_checks=0

dnsmichi and keith4 on IRC #nagios graciously pointed out that I need merely remove line 1088 from nagios 3.2.2 source base/events.c and recompile.  I removed "run_event=TRUE;" on line 1088 of base/events.c, recompiled and now nagios correctly recognizes "execute_service_checks=0".

I believe this to be a significant bug.

Mark Christian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.