Unknown File Type when browsing to Nagios

Tony Yarusso tyarusso at nagios.com
Thu Sep 30 20:07:06 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 09:52 -0700, Brad Bieth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just finished my installation of Nagios 3.2.2 on Ubuntu version 10.

I assume you mean Ubuntu 10.04, "Lucid Lynx".  (There is no such thing
as "Ubuntu version 10").

>  The installation all seemed to go well until I attempted to launch
> the URL at which I’m prompted for a file to download. I have included
> an attachment of the file. The URL that Im using is
> http://localhost/nagios, I have also made sure that Apache is started
> and if I go to http://localhost then I get a page that tells me Apache
> is running just fine. I forgot to mention that when I do go to the
> Nagios URL I am prompted for my username and password which I supply
> and then that is when the prompt for the file occurs. I have also
> installed the Nagios Plugins version 1.4.15.

Apache hasn't been configured to understand how to serve PHP files it
sounds like.  The most likely reason for this on Ubuntu is that you
haven't yet installed the libapache2-mod-php5 package, or restarted
Apache since doing so.

--
Tony Yarusso
Technical Team