can't get host to display in Host Detail panel

Jonathan Wiggins jwiggins at salon.com
Mon Sep 27 19:37:09 CEST 2010

on the Nagios server, I didn't see the event handler, "check_users", I only saw a "check_local_users" in the commands.cfg file. Perhaps that's incorrect.

But, on the machine that is missing in the host panel, in nrpe.cfg there is this definition defined:
command[check_users]=/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_users -w 5 -c 10

However, I can only successfully run that above command on the Nagios server:

bash-3.1# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users -w 5 -c 10
USERS OK - 1 users currently logged in |users=1;5;10;0

Sorry for my confusion, am I to run that event handler against the missing host, or on the Nagios server.   It only works from the Nagios server, as that's where the plugins are located.