Bug in check_openmanage ?

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Sep 23 18:58:43 CEST 2010

rbn31 at free.fr writes:

> Hi Trond,
>
> You are right ...

> # omreport chassis
>
> Health
>
> Main System Chassis
>
> SEVERITY : COMPONENT
> Ok       : Memory
> Critical : Power Management
> Ok       : Processors
> Ok       : Temperatures
> Ok       : Voltages
> Ok       : Hardware Log
> Ok       : Batteries
>
> For further help, type the command followed by -?
>
> On the IDRAC i have the message "System Board Current Latch"

This is interesting.. Have you configured power budgeting on this
server? What does this command say:

  omreport chassis pwrmanagement

On a regular R805 here it just says:

  Power Budget Information is not available on this system.

but we've never configured or used this feature, so I don't know
anything about it.

I'm thinking that perhaps check_openmanage should support these and
similar configurable OMSA features.

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo