can't get host to display in Host Detail panel

Jonathan Wiggins jwiggins at salon.com
Wed Sep 22 01:54:53 CEST 2010

Hi Stuart

That line does exist, along with others, in the nrpe.cfg file

I run these, for example, and both give the same output:

 /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H localhost -c check_users
NRPE: Unable to read output

/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H localhost -c check_load
NRPE: Unable to read output

do I actually need to supply arguments at the end of the check_nrpe command? e.g., -w 5,4,3   (i've tried doing so, but to no avail)