question about check_by_ssh

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Fri Sep 17 18:41:59 CEST 2010

  A check *cannot* return two status codes; it's just not possible.

Nagios will only respect the status code returned by your check plugin,
and there will only be one of those.  If that plugin happens to run
multiple scripts that return other codes, that's irrelevant; the only
result code that matters is the one returned by your plugin.  In this
case, after you run check_test, you can try "echo $?".  That will return
value of the single result code that will be passed to Nagios.  Whether
that's correct or not depends on how your plugin was written.