problems with pnp graphine

Ron Wilson ron at tvnz.co.nz
Wed Sep 15 21:38:37 CEST 2010

I am running a distributed mode of Nagios with several servers passing
data up to a central server. I am using pnp to graph the data on the
central server. I have a weird problems that I hope someone can point me
to a solution.

If I run the distributed servers with obsess turned on Nagios works well
and nsca passes the checks to central server where all checks are
passive and only active checks come from the distributed server. However
pnp gets upset and just stops creating the rrd files so graphing stops.
However if I turn off obsessive pnp and graphing works fine b ut then
most of the passive checks are considered stale and the central server
switches to active mode which sort of does away with the distributed
model

I cannot see any reason for this it must be related to the way obsessing
works but no idea why. Any one have any ideas?

________________________________

--

Ron Wilson

Systems Engineer

Television New Zealand

P.O. Box 3819

Auckland, New Zealand

Phone 649-916-7560

"My God! The thought of that evil man, loose in London--with money, from
God only knows what source--fomenting riot and rebellion during a public
emergency--and in control of an Engine- driven press! It's nightmarish!"
(Gibson-Sterling, "The Difference Engine")

online at tvnz.co.nz
CAUTION:  This e-mail and any attachment(s) contain information that
is intended to be read only by the named recipient(s).  This information