How do you wake up an iPhone user???

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Fri Sep 10 20:21:32 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 08:51:39AM -0700, Mike Chesnut wrote:
> This app solves the problem for me on Android:
> http://software.roadkill.com/CustomSMS/
>
> I never did get around this issue when I had an iPhone, though.  Setting
> your Nagios alerts to repeat at an interval that's a multiple of the
> iPhone's alert-repeat was about the best I could do.

Handcent SMS on the Android.

http://www.handcent.com/

So far as I can tell, iPhone users are still limited.  The guys I
work with who have iPhones are hit and miss as to whether or not
they show up during a night time issue.

I refused to upgrade from my Centro until I could confirm it was
possible to setup a touch phone like the iPhone or Nexus One to
wake me.  I never found a way to "fix" the iPhone without jailbreaking
it.  I now have a Nexus One.  So far, I like it better than the
iPhones I've played with.

lambert at lambertfam.org