Advanced notifications configuration questions.

Javier Domingo javier.domingo at focusonemotions.com
Sat Oct 30 11:25:15 CEST 2010

Hi everybody:
I'm working hard with Nagios 3.0.4 on Debian Lenny.
I have some questions. I can't find any information about these issues.
I have hosts with a first_notification_delay of 60 minutes.
And I have the whole day a Nagios controlling the same hosts. It's good to
know if the same host is turned on during the night, but my work period
begins at 10:00 am and it finish at 22:00 pm, I'm not a lucky boy [?]  So I
have configured a notification Period to 10:00 am to 22:00 pm.

Question 1: If a host goes into hard state CRITICAL, I know that Nagios
waits 60 minutes to send a notification, but What happens if the host
recovers before the first_notification_delay period ( for example, 30 min
before)?
Does it send the recovery notification or not?
Question 2: If a hard state happens at 21:59. Does Nagios wait until the
10:00 am of the day after to send the notification?
If the host recovers at 9:00 am of the day after is the notification message
cancelled?

Thanks a lot in advantace.

--
Xavier Domingo Navarro

javier.domingo at focusonemotions.com
Mov +34 657 522 736
Gtalk: javier.domingo at focusonemotions.com
Tel +34 93 368 99 85  ext 7015
Fax +34 93 415 39 79
Focus on Emotions S.L
Avda. Diagonal 428 - 1º, 08037 Barcelona