RECOVERY in advanced notifications configuration questions.

Javier Domingo javier.domingo at focusonemotions.com
Wed Oct 27 13:39:54 CEST 2010

Hi everybody:
 I'm working hardly with nagios 3.0.X over Debian Lenny.
 I have any questions. I don't find information about these issues
 about notification issues.
 I have any hosts with a first_notification_delay of 60 minutes.
 Question 1: If a host goes in hard critical state I know that
 nagios waits 60 minutes to send the notification CRITICAL, but , What
 happens if host RECOVERS before the first_notification_delay? It send
 the RECOVERY notification or not?

 I have 7x24 monitoring Nagios about the same hosts. It's useful
 because I can know if they are turned on during the night. But for me
 is very important that those hosts must be turned on from 10 to 22
 during the day. I have configured a Notification Period to
 10:00-22:00.
 Question2: if a host goes to CRITICAL STATE at 21:59 Nagios will wait 60
 minutes to send me a notification but, will Nagios wait until the to 10
 of the day after to send the notification? If host Recovers at 9:00 in
 the morning of the day after, nagios will cancel the CRITICAL/RECOVERY
 notifications messages?

 Thanks a lot in advance. Sorry about my English.