New perl module: Nagios::Plugin::WWW::Mechanize

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Oct 18 15:07:36 CEST 2010

On 10/18/2010 02:11 PM, Abdul Khader wrote:
>    Dear All,
> I see that this plug-in allows me to do synthetic transactions.
> I would like to know if it is possible to use it for java based
> application server like tomcat.

It's not. It has no JRE embedded in it, and coding a java engine
in perl would be almost as complex as it would be stupid.

> My goal is to login to a page with a username and password, then go to
> the user's home page. If not successful, then send an email alert to the
> admin.

Look at java-based automation things instead, but be aware that
java-based checks are just plain horrible to run unless you can
get a java-daemon to accept queries from the command-line and
return the results to you. Java has a ridiculously high loadtime,
making it extremely unsuitable for writing command-line apps and
nagios plugins.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.