Monitoring email messages in an Exchange environment?

Matt White lists at matthewjwhite.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 21:27:32 CEST 2010

Hi Mirza,

First I would look at setting up some server side rules in Outlook to move the non-critical messages to another folder or forward the critical ones based on subject/content to a mailbox then maybe tie that in with a plugin that checks for mail flow to a mailbox (you would need to allow pop/imap access to the mailbox for Nagios to check it)

I haven't tried this before but it will hopefully point you in the right direction.

Kind regards,
Matt