Detecting Windows Backups?

Tom Yates madlists at teaparty.net
Tue Oct 12 17:05:19 CEST 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> Check/notification schedules, but if you find a way to drop a host into
> maintenance mode programmatically, post back! I have wanted to know how
> to do this. I haven't looked in to it much, but I assume one could do it
> with the cgi's?

i have a tiny piece of perl which produces a scheduled downtime for a
defined service on a defined host from x minutes in the future to y
minutes in the future.  you run it with the relevant arguments and feed
the output straight to your command file, which in my case is
/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd .

it works very nicely out of cron, i use to automatically schedule 2-300
downtime windows a week.  hacking it to schedule host downtime instead
would be trivial; sorry if that's not what you meant by "drop a host into
maintenance mode programmatically".

if that might be of interest to anyone let me know and i'll put it up
somewhere.  it's not very complex!

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net