installing and configuring nagios

James Pratt jpratt at norwich.edu
Thu Oct 7 19:22:13 CEST 2010

From: Ceylan, Hasan [mailto:Hasan.Ceylan at dowjones.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:04 PM
To: 'nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] installing and configuring nagios

Hello:

I am very new to Nagios, I would like to know what exactly it does.  What version is better, and where is the installation guide. Can somebody direct me to the right location and documentation?

Best Regards,

Hasan Ceylan

----

http://www.nagios.org   should have all that and then some...

- Basically, it's incredibly awesome software to monitor other systems, devices, your server room's temperature, etc, etc... (or,,, perhaps....  the color of your face as you try to set it up & configure it without having first RTFM'ed!! ... :)

cheers!
James