is there a way to pass contact username thru url to status.cgi for authentication?

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Thu Oct 7 13:38:50 CEST 2010

Hi Steve,

I don't think you can do this at the nagios level, because nagios just
uses standard webserver authentication, deferring to apache (or whatever).

So what you need to figure out is a way to hook your credentials into some
apache (if that's what you're using?) authentication module. If you're
really just wanting the nagios webserver to trust your 'contact' parameter
and use that (which obviously is *completely* insecure/hackable etc.), you
should just be able to write a trivial apache module in C or perl to do
just that.

Or you pass the password as well, and actually authenticate each time (i.e.
basic authentication, but without the popup). Or you look at a ticket-based
SSO-type approach (like my mod_auth_tkt, or mod_auth_cas, or similar). Any
of these work fine with nagios.

Cheers,
Gavin