check_asterisk plugin returning null

Athiqur Rahman subs at arahmantech.com
Wed Oct 6 15:04:22 CEST 2010

Enrico Zimol wrote:
> On 6 October 2010 12:39, Athiqur Rahman <subs at arahmantech.com> wrote:
>
>> The check_asteisk plugin uses sipsak, could this have anything to do
>> with this? Any comments appreciated.
>>

> Probably there is bettere solution than this.
> If the script needs priviledges try to add something like this on "visudo"
>
> nagios  ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagios/libexec/path_of_plugin
>
> After that run the plugin with "sudo"

I added the nagios to sudo

nagios  ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_asterisk

and have changed the command to

define command {

    command_name                   check_asterisk

    command_line                   /usr/bin/sudo $USER1$/check_asterisk -U $ARG1$ -P $ARG2$ -w 100 -c 500

    }

But I still get the same problem. I tried doing this check over nrpe as
well, but still does not work.