Different Notification command templates for Host Down and Host Up

Marc Powell lists at xodus.org
Tue Oct 5 15:10:04 CEST 2010

On Oct 5, 2010, at 6:36 AM, Mike Callahan wrote:

> Because I'm sending host up/down notifications to a ticketing system, I have the need to use different verbiage for host down notifications and host up notifications.   Specifically the subject line of the email message needs to be different for host down than for host up.

> Does anyone have another solution for this, where I would be able to send different notification commands for host down and host recovery?

The notification commands are just references to scripts. The default/example one is just a big one-liner script. There's no reason you couldn't create your own notification script in your favorite $language that implements your subject logic based on status and sends the e-mail just as nagios does.

--
Marc