Doesn't update rrd file in Nagios

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Oct 5 13:21:54 CEST 2010

2010/10/5 織田 成飛 <fj6573ez at aa.jp.fujitsu.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Nagios version 2.1 and RRDtool version 1.2.5
> The RRD file doesn't update.
> A timeout error  output in the Nagios.log
> ########################################
> Warning: Service performance data file processing command '
> '/**********************/process_service_perf_db_file.pl'
> timed out after 60 seconds
> ########################################
>
> The script interval is default value (Perfdata timeout  60 seconds)
> This case occurred suddenly.Do i need to change parameter?
> But we need the reason.Do you have the same case ?
> What happens when this kind of trouble?
> Please tell me the solution.
>
> Best Regard
> Masa

I had a similar problem recently and found that there were lots of
files waiting to be processed which is why the perfdata processing
command timed-out.  I increased the timeout temporarily
(perfdata_timeout in the nagios.cfg file) to allow it to wade through
the backlog then set it back down to the usual value.

I'm not familiar with process_service_perf_db_file.pl .   Are you
using GroundWork OpenSource?  If so it might be worth looking/asking
on their support forum:

http://www.groundworkopensource.com/community/forums/

hth,

Jim