weird nrpe reporting issue

Tony Yarusso tyarusso at nagios.com
Tue Oct 5 00:10:18 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 17:47 -0400, Ilan Berkner wrote:

>    use local-service ; Name of service template to use

>    check_command check_local_load!5.0,4.0,3.0!10.0,6.0,4.0

> In fact, from what I can tell, the values being returned belong to the
> local system that the Nagios is running on.

You're using a template designed for the local system and a check
command targeting the local system (not check_nrpe, so you aren't using
NRPE at all), and not giving any indication that it should be checking
any other system (such as an IP address), so obviously it's going to
check the local system.

--
Tony Yarusso
Technical Team