significant bug in 3.2.2 - nagios.cfg -- execute_service_checks=0 completely ignored

Tony Yarusso tyarusso at nagios.com
Fri Oct 1 00:23:08 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 14:23 -0700, Mark Christian wrote:
> dnsmichi and keith4 on IRC #nagios graciously pointed out that I need
> merely remove line 1088 from nagios 3.2.2 source base/events.c and
> recompile.  I removed "run_event=TRUE;" on line 1088 of base/events.c,
> recompiled and now nagios correctly recognizes
> “execute_service_checks=0”.
>
> I believe this to be a significant bug.

I believe this fix has already been applied to CVS head, and is awaiting
feedback from testers of that copy before a new release is approved.  If
you have a chance to try a build from CVS HEAD and report your
experience the the -devel mailing list that would be very helpful.

--
Tony Yarusso
Technical Team
Email:  tyarusso at nagios.com