Differences of certain parameters set in Nagios.cfg

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at Kognitio.com
Thu Nov 25 15:51:32 CET 2010

Folks,

I'm running nagios 3.2.2 on SLES 10 SP2

# HOST AND SERVICE PERFORMANCE DATA PROCESSING COMMANDS
# These commands are run after every host and service check is
# performed.  These commands are executed only if the
# enable_performance_data option (above) is set to 1.  The command
# argument is the short name of a command definition that you
# define in your host configuration file.  Read the HTML docs for
# more information on performance data.

service_perfdata_command=<command to process performanace data>

and

# HOST AND SERVICE PERFORMANCE DATA FILE PROCESSING COMMANDS
# These commands are used to periodically process the host and
# service performance data files.  The interval at which the
# processing occurs is determined by the options above.

service_perfdata_file_processing_command=<command to process performance
data>

I'm using the parameter "service_perfdata_file_processing_command" to
process performance data for pnp4nagios. The first parameter
"service_perfdata_command" is commented out. But could I still use that
first parameter? It would solve a big issue I'm having if I could use it as
I need to keep a legacy set of performance data for reports at the same time
as being able to graph a a subset of the same data.

Any help / pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Deborah

Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
Whilst Kognitio Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions.

Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.

Kognitio Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number 0212 7833. Registered Office:  3a Waterside Park, Cookham Road, Bracknell, Berks, RG12 1RB. VAT number 864 4378 92.

Kognitio Inc, a company incorporated in Delaware, principal office 180 North Stetson, Suite 3500, Chicago, IL 60601, USA