No output returned from plugin

Alexander Haas alex at geloet.de
Wed Nov 24 21:50:56 CET 2010

Hi list,

it's me again :)

I wrote a plug-in which does work great. It works from the shell as
root, from the shell as nagios and from nagios executed as plug-in.

The only problem is when there is an error returned. It does not work
when i execute it from nagios as a plug-in and there is an error (=>
return code != 0). Every time my plug-in returns anything but zero,
Nagios tells me that there is "No output returned from plugin". It does
not matter if my script does output its error message on STDOUT or
STDERR. Of cause there is an error message visible when I execute my
plug-in from a shell.

I guess there is an easy explanation?

Thank you very much,

Alex