server profiling options and pre-caching macros

Daniel Wittenberg daniel.wittenberg.r0ko at statefarm.com
Thu Nov 18 23:30:42 CET 2010

Watching nagios in debug mode for awhile, made me think about the
processing of macros and the performance impact.  It seems that for most
macro's, like user defined ones, they don't change.  So does it really
make sense to keep processing them over and over and over...could that
be something that maybe you could do in the pre-cache stage when nagios
starts.  Would that cause more problems?

Dan