Checking Clients Online before other checks

Macleod, Chris CMacleod at edrington.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 16:04:21 CET 2010

Hello,

You need to configure service dependencies like below.

}

define servicedependency {
       dependent_host_name                      server1
       dependent_service_description            CPU Usage,DNS
Server,Drive C: Disk Usage,Drive D: Disk Usage,IIS Web Server,Logon
Errors,Memory Usage,Page File Usage,Server Work Queues,SQL Server,Uptime
       host_name                                TAISQL1
       service_description                     Ping
       inherits_parent                          1
       execution_failure_criteria               w,u,c
       notification_failure_criteria            w,u,c
       dependency_period                        24x7

}

I create one for each host this way if ping fails the other services
will be checked but no alerts will be generated.

Thanks
Chris